An effective, service focused and ideas-driven manager and leader with a proven track record in supporting continuous business development. Qualified as a professional accountant and financial controller, with experience liaising at senior management level. Recognised as a key contributor to cost-effective decision making with demonstrable qualities in business analysis to define and implement strategies. Confident liaising at all levels, including relations with investors and banking officials as well as leadership of multi-disciplined teams. Extremely energetic with a pragmatic management style to work collaboratively in achieving objectives, whilst remaining calm with clear direction to manage critical business issues.
Highly skilled, multi-tasking individual. With knowledge and understanding in UK and US GAAP, PCGA, IFRS; budgeting, financial statements, and accounting records. Accomplished in A/R and A/P, credit/collections (guarantees), strategic planning, as well as payroll, invoicing, bank reconciliations and auditing. Strong understanding of theory, methods, and procedures of financial and business analysis. Outstanding research, evaluative and interpretive skill sets.
Exceedingly efficient in conventional, independent, and team-oriented environments. Long-term experience in multiple industry sectors including real estate development, healthcare, insurance, financial services, stock market, digital assets, oil and gas, minerals and royalties, manufacturing, construction, high profile individuals’ households and financial affairs, ranches, boat house, yacht club, sports national tournaments, hospitality, and education.
Proficient in interpretation of business processes, technology, and people. Proven communications and presentation abilities. Well organized with extremely high energy level; enthusiastic. Rapidly adapts to changing circumstances.
• Business development management. Preparation of financial projections, reports, and statements under UK GAAP (FRS 102), budget management, marketing research and strategies, bookkeeping and ledger entries, payroll, translation, and interpreting.
• Preparation of business plan and progression, including its presentation to government authorities. Procurement of pertinent licences.
• Familiar with Home Office and HMRC gateway websites and BPT to perform tasks related to business registration, SOC codes classification. and confirmation statement, PAYE, VAT, as well as Pension scheme submissions. Integration of programs to achieve timely reporting.
C&O is a major, private real estate development company operating within a network of multiple associated organisations.
• Strategic financial controller for the business, conducting initial business analysis, and supporting business development.
• Defining and implementing accounting procedures and practices for real estate development projects, including management of sophisticated systems.
• Directly supporting the CEO and President in cost-effective decision making with the production and presentation of accurate and reliable financial information in compliance with GAAP and IFRS.
• Managing and reviewing all aspects of cash management, AR/AP, payroll for several associated entities (staff and independent contractors, including the production and distribution of W4, W3/W2s, W2Gs, 1096/1099s, EFTPS forms and submissions for monthly/quarterly and annual payroll and sales taxes) and property tax to achieve IRS and District regulatory compliance.
• Making recommendations for financial institutions, builders, property companies and other investors for beneficial relationship building for the corporate entity and SPVs.
• Consulting internally and externally on increasing business revenues and profits, in addition making suggestions for operational improvements.
• Conducting board meetings for corporate groups, involving the production of spreadsheets, budgets, proformas and documentation. Shareholders profits distribution for different partnerships.
• Track and record of portfolio value. Stock market transactions, recommendations, monitoring and cash value distributions. SEP/IRA, 401K contributions, distributions, and stock activities and reconciliations.
• Significantly contributing to corporate decision making and business development across 70 accounts with recognition for exceeding business owner expectations.
• Achieving further recognition for management of accounting procedures for large deals and projects, making processes smooth and free of errors. Consistent in performance and achieving key business objectives with strategies leading to efficient forensic evaluations of accounts and files.
• Supporting the coordination and successful management of both annual corporate and business owner events in collaboration with various teams, improving workplace culture performance and morale.
• Provided strategic guidance to the CEO and to external businesses leading to opportunities to increase business revenues and profits. This included making suggestions for operational improvements that led to the consolidation of a multi-million-dollar project, providing time and resource savings of more than 12 months and $250K USD in overhead costs.
• Managed finances and fees for company’s annual angling event as well as coordinating catering, lodging, hiring rental equipment and organising entertainment. This typically included 120 offshore teams and 75 inshore teams, with a budget of $2,000,000 USD.
• Entrusted with management of confidential financial affairs including but not limited to royalties and minerals, trust funds, LoC, large destination events, charitable foundations, partnerships, collection control and reporting related to oil spills, stock market, family trusts distributions, etc.
• Extraordinary time management, optimisation and improvement, and multi-tasking skills, 6 people were needed to be hired to cover the last position.